It’s been such a miserable day today I thought I would finish this supposedly easy to make summer top and cheer myself up dreaming of wearing it somewhere nice and warm. Well it worked, I feel very pleased with myself for not chucking it in after great problems with gathered seams and rubbish hemming with snarled up stitches on the sewing machine.
In the end I made the hem using the cover lock and used the over lock to neaten the seams. Getting it to sew without tension problems was a bit of a mare though! A couple of seams had to be ripped out and redone, but it was worth it!
Lucky old me had a camisole top which looks great underneath and I found the bow in my button stash, so I can feel virtuous too now! The silk top must have cost £5 to make, the pattern has been used several times and the silk was so inexpensive in India.